About NEET 2022 Exam
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test):
- National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), earlier known as the All-India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is the qualifying test for MBBS and BDS programmes in medical and dental colleges in India. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- This examination primarily is one-tier based and is conducted annually, usually in the month of May.
- NEET Eligibility Criteria for State Quota
- Around 85% of MBBS/BDS seats are reserved for NEET states quota counselling. The rest 15% seats are allotted at the central level for All India Counselling.
- Candidates must fulfil the below-mentioned criteria for the state quota
- Applicants should be a resident of the respective state.
- Applicants should have proper proof of their residency.
- Applicants should have completed (or pursuing) their schooling (Class 12th) from the respective state.
- Eligibility criteria for All India Quota in NEET
- Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- The age of the candidate should be at least 18 years.
- The upper age limit for candidates of general category will be 25 years, and for SC/ST candidates there is a relaxation of 5 years.
- Total number of seats in Government colleges is nearly 41,388 and that of BDS is 3510, while in private colleges, including deemed universities, the MBBS seats are 35,540 and BDS is 23,260. Hence the total number of seats one can fill in through NEET for MBBS is 76,928 and BDS seats are 26773.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
For General Category – 50% in PCB (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%) Note:
Number of Subjects
Total of 3 subjects with Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
Number of attempts
There is no limit on attempts in NEET, only age limitis applicable.
NEET Exam Pattern 2020
Number of Questions
Total of 180 questions (MCQs), with single correct answer
Offline mode only (pen and paper-based mode)
Type of questions
Objective type questions with 4 options and 1 correct answer
Duration of Exam
The exam duration is 180 minutes (3 hours)
Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)
The question paper is asked in 11 languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati and Assamese.
4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer
No. of Questions
Cut Off Percentile
Cut Off Score in 2020
720 – 147
OBC/ SC/ ST
146 – 113
Unreserved / EWS – PH
146 – 129
OBC/ SC/ ST – PH
128 – 113